Charles - glad to hear that John is speaking at WiNOG! Your attendees
should find his presentation VERY interested.

We partnered with Adzilla recently.  With our growth in the Citywide
Wi-Fi market and all the "FREE" offerings out there, I did a lot of
research on advertising models to help Network Operators make money.  In
the end, Adzilla really was far ahead of the curve.

Imagine this concept...the more my network is used, the more money I
make. Hmmm...INCONCEIVABLE!!!

The thing that Network Operators can't seem to grasp is, "What do you
mean I stick this appliance at my POP and you start sending me checks?"

The answer is YES.  But since Network Operators are so foreign to the
concept of advertising it generally requires a long explanation and a
PowerPoint (it's OK - I needed that too.) <grin>

The advertising can be tweaked to the point that the ads are virtually
unnoticeable to your clients.  Adzilla has developed a proprietary way
to deliver more relevant, localized ads in partnership with ad servers
and web publishers.

For a Network Operator, you have some incredible new tools as part of
the package.  You have a GUI interface where you can insert messaging
DIRECT TO THE DESKTOP.  This means, "Dear Customer, your payment is 7
days past due, your account will be shut off if you do not pay within x
hours."

It can also be used for marketing direct to the desktop!  Imagine that -
a message for your VOIP service to raise ARPUs, or other new service
enhancements.

It's really quite revolutionary.  I'll be glad to explain more to anyone
who's interested.

Respectfully,

Eric DaVersa
Vice-President, Business Development