From: Rick Harnish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2006 11:30 PM
To: ''WISPA General List''
Subject: [WISPA] Moderation Duties and Criticism

To All,

I took over the moderation of the wireless@wispa.org list about a year and one half ago.  The previous moderator handed over the reigns for a variety of reasons but many of which were criticisms about how he did his job and the personal stress involved.  I have received the same criticisms and have let them hit my thick skin as gracefully as I could.

This position is not a fun one, I need to try and keep up with about 5 WISPA listservs as well as other duties for 50 [EMAIL PROTECTED] lists.  Tonight, I was about 75 messages behind when I found time to catch up.  Alex?s post with the title, ?New Revenue Stream? was one of the newest messages when I checked.  I will admit, I wasn?t in the best mood when I read it.  Knowing that this list is publicly monitored, I really did not feel it was the proper place to discuss hosting pornography and describing how profitable it could be.  I try to be pretty liberal in my moderation duties, but I felt this one stepped over the line.  Several of you feel I was in error.  Possibly.

I have received a few complaints about my decision.  This decision to moderate in no way harbored ill thoughts towards Alex Huppenthal.  I would have responded the same way on that thread for any poster.  I am disappointed he took my action so deeply to heart.  Normally, I would not let a few complaints bother me, but in this case I am choosing to respond.  While I stand by my decision that this was not proper content for this list, I will allow the thread to continue if the members feel it is important.  If you feel I was in error, feel free to contact me offlist.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish

President

OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.