Tom DeReggi wrote:

Well thats the question. Does it have to be that way. I don't see the need to have all the traffic flow through it. I see it sitting in parallel, and just certain type of traffic gets redirected to the cache appliance server that adds the marketing data.

You aren't familiar with their business and neither am I. However, they are probably pretty familiar with their business and have designed their architecture with that in mind. Unless you are planning an entry into their business you probably want to take their word for it.

-Matt