Tom,

Is it just me or are many of your posts written in outrage or disbelief?

You have the right to discuss how the model should work for WISPs, but I think that you need to understand that the model needs to work 2 ways - for the vendor and the WISP - whether VOIP or advertising.

The problem is that a vendor designs the system from their view and then changes it later to attract more partners. In the process, the original plan is so manipulated that the plan fails and no one wins. (Bandwidth resellers and VOIP providers to name but a few).

In the case of Adzilla, the cost of the boxes is one fixed cost but the cost of selling local advertising is a very real additional cost. And if you have ever tried to hire salespeople you know that it is challenging. Media advertising is just as demanding. And as you add partners, a company has to scale. Scale takes money and time and people. Many start-ups want to maximize the business plan (and VC capital infusions) by capturing white elephants.

I understand your frustration. Little guys need help and it seems that many vendors don't treat them as partners. There are a few reasons for this, but chief among them is that it takes huge time to sell to many smaller players. Pareto Principle.

Regards,

Peter