We've found that you don't really need a QoS capable switch. What is more important is for the appropriate COS and TOS bits to be set by the VoIP device(s) in question and have a switch capable of "doing the right thing" with those packets. Every enterprise grade switch we have looked at seems to do the right thing when the bits are set. We've been happy with Dell switchs for example.

-Matt

George Rogato wrote:

I need a recommendation for a 12 port switch that handles a high amount of packet per second and has qos for voip.
Cost isn't an issue.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
George