<snip>
That is correct, however those companies are expected to be shipping
product ( and are taking pre orders )  that will comply with the
testing whenever the gods at wimaxforum decide to get off their
collective arses and certify 5.8. Airspan for example, already has
wimax 4.9 product and is getting FCC certification. So in conclusion,
yes on product, no on the interop profile or tests yet.
</snip>

Basically, a roadmap to WiMAX?

Look at the result of Wi-LAN's Continuty Program & Roadmap to WiMAX?
<ducking>

Wi-LAN Continuity Program

The Wi-LAN Continuity Program Provides
- Standards Based W-OFDM Performance Today
- Clear Path to the Standards
- Risk Free Migration Strategy
- Investment Protection
- Proven Future Proof Solution

History shows that when new standards are created then there is a lot of
buzz and expection and a lot of marketing noise about standards based
products being available "soon."  Again, history has shown that "soon" is
often delayed until "later" or "much later."  High expectations turn into
dissapointment and frustration.

The Continuity Program shows Wi-LAN's clear path to the standards.
Customers can purchase Libra products today and be confident that their
investment will be protected when WiMAX products become available

Oh Really?

February 2, 2006
Wi-LAN Inc. is transitioning out of its broadband wireless equipment
business to concentrate solely on its intellectual property rights business.

So -- this leads one to ask -- how "guaranteed" is a roadmap to WiMAX?

-Charles

CWLab
Technology Architects
http://www.cwlab.com