From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeffrey Thomas
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 12:46 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Pioneering Wi-Fi City Sees Startup Woes

Then there are companies like airmatrix that charge less than 1k per
node.
The key with mesh is density, and many mesh startup's fail because they
Underbuild their networks.

-

Jeff

On 4/24/06 7:53 AM, "John J. Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know what equipment they are using, but Cisco AP1500's (mesh)
are
abnout $3700 each and Cisco recommends 18-20 per square mile. Thats
$74,000
for the boxes plus antennas, mounts, POE and install.

John