Similar is not the same. I couldn't find detailed specifications online. However, I do see that the unit has lower transmit power, it doesn't seem to be capable of being powered by AC, it doesn't seem capable of powering other devices such as a Canopy or Trango SM, and while there is a picture of some separate photo-cell power there is no specifications for that either. For example, many photo-cell taps are limited to 240v, but many street lights are 277v/480v.

-Matt

Jeffrey Thomas wrote:

Airmatrix offers very similar features for less than 1/3 the cost of tropos.

They also ofer Pole mounted power, and actually have a much lower power
consumption, in addition to having multiple configurations including dual
Radio diversity 2.4, dual radio diversity 2.4/5.8, etc.

-

Jeff