Chris cooper wrote:
The SR9 cards might be interesting for this app...

Probably not much help Chris.
As you and every wisp who has deployed more than a few AP's in urban density knows, there is not enough spectrum available in all the unlicensed bands combined to service the vast population of any city of size.

Wisps are usually number 3 behind DSL and cable n most markets. Reason we will always be behind is we can not put as many people on our networks without fubaring the spectrum.

So this is the issue, not enough spectrum, we need more spectrum and we need to be looking at wireless-fiber combo.

Seeing we don't have enough spectrum, it should not go wasted, regardless of the frequency, by hanging government operated omni's on every third light pole.

It's a ridiculous thought.

George