From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:56 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] This is HUGE!

Again, pointing to CBeyonds numbers it is clear that their average customer is not buying big TDM pipes or fiber-based services. Their starting package is $495 per month, which is just a single T1, while their next package up --which is priced higher than their ARPU-- is $895, which is just two T1s. That's 17,000 high ARPU customers delivering services that technologically are easy for WISPs. There are operators on this list that will sell a customer 3 megs or more of service for less than $495 per month.

I'm not saying there isn't a market for low ARPU customers, but the scale required to make any real money seems like quite a challenge.

-Matt

Patrick Leary wrote:

Any operator with some decent residential mix would be drooling to have a $100 ARPU Matt. No matter what technology is being used, that makes for an excellent ROI. Those CLECs you mention are also likely providing fiber and
big TDM pipes as a primary focus.

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing
Alvarion, Inc.