From: Jon Langeler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 3:21 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: about 70Mbps for under $6K

Patrick, my string-and-can wifi asterisk ap does more than 10 calls! :-) Honestly, 288 G711 calls is probably more towards the high end. Whether you would like to realize it or not, canopy has come a ways over the years. If you consult with your engineers I'm sure you'll conclude that a Canopy AP/SU(14Mbps aggregate) could do a LOT more than 10 calls...

Jon Langeler
Michwave Tech.

Patrick Leary wrote:

As a non engineer, this is the first I have ever of this as an issue and I
have never heard it from customers, very large or very small. Is this a
real
issue (I have already passed the comments to our PLMs for the product line)
for operators? I do know that with firmware version 4.0 these radios
support
QinQ VLAN, which I've not heard other UL radios supporting. And one VL
sector with 4.0 will support 288 concurrent VoIP calls (VoIP only play,
20MHz channel). That compares to 8-10 per Canopy sector and maybe 20 on a
Trango sector. Patrick