Jack Unger wrote:
You ask - "Why would we need to push manufacturers when a WISP could just NOT buy a non-certified product"? Because half of the WISPs out there don't even realize that certification is required by law. WISPA can perform a valuable public service by simply providing knowledge and education for the WISP community and also by facilitating the means for manufacturers to get the certification accomplished (publishing the list of certification labs).

First of all, there is no way our small group is going to influence manufactures of non-certified gear. We already don't buy from those manufactures, so it is not impacting their sales. Second, if WISPs don't know that certification is a requirement then why would certified gear appeal to them?

-Matt