The WAR/V3 would have given me profit.

I probably would have only got 35mbps instead of the 45mbps, but the specs of job was 30 mbps. $3000-$1000 means I'd have $2000 in my pocket, and today for lunch I'd be eating steak instead of canned Tuna. As stated before, its not about what is the best product, its about what meets spec. And as much as I like to support Trango, and as much as I like their gear, I'm not on their payroll. The customer was buying my reputation, not the manufacturers, so I had the option to put anything there, that I wanted and would stand behind that met specification.

But I didn't mean to dwell on that point, this thread was meant to praise the top performance that I got out of the Trango unit. I never got the full 45 mbps out of their unit before, and it did it through a pine tree. I am always pleased when expectations have been exceeded.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Pommier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trango Atlas success story

Tom,
   Real basic question:
   Can you explain the comment on wishing to have the "War/V3 solution"?
   What would War/V3 have given you?

Mario

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Just completed install for client, that we quoted blind. The supposed Near-LOS partial freznel obstruction from a building, unfortuneately turned out to really mean NON-LOS through thick row of pine trees between buildings. Buildings were probably 600 yards away from each other. The Trango built-in antenna model installed pulled 46 mbps throughput and zero packet loss, perfect link. WooHoo. (I know short distance, but pine trees scare me, and often have unpredictable results even when doing 900Mhz).

Only negative thing was Trango made the profit, allowing me only to make $200 markup, instead of the original $1500, that I had originally covered in my quote with a Routerboard 532 solution, that didn't get the 30mbps capacity requirement. My pocket book, wishes I had the War/V3 solution a week earlier :-(

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom DeReggi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>