From: Mark McElvy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 04:07 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Managing CPE in routed network

In the end I feel routed is better because you grow, a bridged network
will get loud (lots of overhead traffic).

You manage the CPE in a routed network just as you do now. What maybe
you see is the difference between true routes and NAT routes. With true
routes there is a path to and from each subnet. You can easily get to
the web interface of each CPE in a properly routed network. A NAT router
hides the network behind the "WAN" address whether its private or public
and all traffic coming from the NAT subnet appears as if its coming from
the "WAN" address. Tranzeo APs, last time I tried, will not do true
routing only NAT routing.

I also like the idea of one to one NATing the Public IP to the private
ip of the customer.

Mark McElvy

AccuBak Data Systems, Inc.

573-729-9200