<Grin>...been there done that already.  First data card was from Ricochet I
think back in 2001 - 2002?  They went belly up and the service was spotty
(read coverage) and you basically had to be sitting still.

Next was Sprint's first data card...ran at about 70Kbps - 130Kbps and was
great until subscriber base climbed to the point that Sprint introduced
their second generation data card that I am using now.

The point I am making can be applied to any network.  The cellular companies
will only continue to push the capacity limits further and further as demand
requires it.  Coverage is the key and how well the network hands off
traffic.  With the old Sprint data card I drove from DFW to Riggins, ID and
then back by way of Aspen, CO.  Rarely did I not have coverage driving
70MPH+...as long as I was in Sprint coverage my data card worked.

The new Sprint data card I have is even better with lower latency and speeds
up to 1.5Mbps and if I visit any number of places including Sun Valley, Boca
Raton or Rancho Santa Fe I'll have service.  The same can't be said for any
Muni-WiFi solution.

Best,

Brad