From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 12:29 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Tower ice buildup

Hello list,

I am planning the installation of a self-supporting tower for a startup
WISP in Maryland.  I am considering light duty off-the-shelf designs from
Trylon such as the SuperTitan.  I am trying to determine whether to
include ice buildup as a factor in the tower purchase.  I have obtained
maximum wind speed data from the local building department but they were
clueless when it came to considerations for ice buildup.  What's the best
practice for arriving at this figure?

Patrick Shoemaker