Wow Patrick, I'm surprised of your answer.  I think I've made it abundantly
clear over the years I'm "open source" when it comes to equipment and choose
the best solution for the application at hand regardless of brand.

I've certainly been more a critique of Trango and many other products than I
have been of Alvarion VL.  That can't be disputed.  I'm just surprised you
have such thin skin regarding constructive criticism.

Regardless of what you believe, SNR is NOT the same thing as a RSSI reading.
RSSI is pretty much what makes the world go 'round in the radio industry.
Not sure why Alvarion continues to dig in their heals over such a simple
item that even your own techs agree should be provided.

Holy cow Patrick admits software DP "might be nice"!  This is a first and
shows progress is achievable...baby steps Patrick, baby steps.  Now let's
put the idea front & center with the Alvarion design team and as they say
git 'er done!

I think you know as well as I do the size of the weather seal was an
oversight in design.  The idea that 1 or 2 mm larger in size will make the
weather seal less effective is ridiculous.  You can do better that that.

Not sure what you mean about my customer chose VL etc, etc.  The end user
client is ours...the last thing I want to do is have it fail.  The sale was
for 2MB/2MB FDX and frankly the VL can't do that every day all day in this
environment.  HDX, yes.

Accept training at $1000 a person?  No thanks.  Either a manufacturer
supports the product or not.  Are you saying we are not going to be given
support until we pay up $1000 a head for a class?

Proficient in more than one brand?  I'm not even going to respond to such a
silly assertion.

Alavarion Engineers have been given full access to this setup in countless
emails running surveys etc, etc.  Not until v4.0 was installed was the
client even able to use the circuit.  That offer has always been open for
Alvarion engineers to login and take a look for themselves.  BTW, I believe
Jean was another tech I spoke with at length that was very knowledgeable and
helpful.  Problem is the site is a very noisy site and a product that
doesn't work well with noise will not perform well there.  Without dual
polarity, Rx threshold and dual band abilities the VL will always suffer.

You missing the point here Patrick.  I'm trying to get Alvarion to improve
their product so we can BUY more of it.

Best,

Brad