Hey Patrick, GPS...there's many reasons and it's not a canopy vs alvarion debate from my standpoint, more so a scheduled mac(canopy, wimax, 3G...) vs unscheduled(wifi, VL, currently Trango). I'd predict that as wisp education progresses, they will realize the power of scheduled mac and GPS support. By then maybe the rest of the BreezeMAX code will have made way to the VL engineers and everyone can be happy :-)

Jon Langeler
Michwave Tech.

Patrick Leary wrote:

Jon,

Why is that the case? You really think GPS on Canopy is some cool
feature? Canopy must have GPS to function. Without it, it kills itself.
It is all to prevent self-inflicted interference (remember, Canopy does
not even have ATPC) and to allow for channel re-use. Other systems, like
VL, do not need it. It provides far more capacity than Canopy, so it
does not need to re-use channels and with basic channel planning you
don't have issues with self-interference.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628