Patrick, ditto on the 3650 band. However the reality is that self and external
interference in the UL world is all too common. You say UL bands or at least VL doesn't need GPS capability because of so much capacity. If you want I can get you a list of wifi/trango/etc.-to-Canopy 'converts' that will tell you otherwise.
Licensed carriers use GPS to greatly diminish what we experience as common day
interference problems. IMO I can't blame the FCC for not giving more spectrum than they have as we've already trashed what we've been given. Lastly, what Moto did was brought GPS sync to the UL world however as standard option and in very economical form factor, not expensive chassis and such. If you haven't already, get your VL guys with your WIMAX guys and you could have a clear winner down the road! :)

Jon Langeler
Michwave Tech.

Quoting Patrick Leary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Jon,

For sure I'm all over GPS for all licensed (world of small channels) and
when there is a small amount of spectrum to work with in UL. For
example, in the coming 3650MHz band, GPS should be a must for PMP. Same
with scaled 900 (we offer it there). It is just not needed with VL. What
for? It already gives massive capacity without any re-use. Even with GPS
and re-use I do not think Canopy can get close to the amount of capacity
VL can offer. Frankly, even if we had it for VL no one would buy it.

No argument from me on the scheduled MAC front, except to the extent
that in UL it needs to come with good interference mitigation (not
talking about self-inflicted interference) techniques to make it useful.

Patrick