To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Crown Castle / Global signal

Hi,

The problem is that cell carriers (at least in my area) pay $500 - $2,000 per month to be on a tower... the same towers that I pay $100 - $250 per month. If you owned the towers, which customer would _you_ rather have? :(

Travis
Microserv

D. Ryan Spott wrote:

It seems we (people on this list) are always easily dismissed by large tower owners. These dismissals are often in the form of "here, pay this $$$$$! fee up front to deal with us" or "who are you again?" or my favorite and one that was told to me by an American Tower Rep: "we don't deal with WISPs unless they are named Clearwire."

Is WISPA (or Part-15 for that matter) doing anything to negotiate standard or discount leases with these tower owners?

I am not a member of either organization but this sort of thing would definitely make me want to join up in a hurry. I also think that if tower owners were faced with an organized group of people they might cut though some of the BS we face when working out leases.

Just a suggestion,

ryan