To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] WTB Orders (FCC-06-110)

Actually I am able to use the entire 900 MHz band here. Selectivity of tuners has never been an issue the FCC seems very willing to consider when adjacent uses are being suggested. As I understand it the systems being proposed are low power vehicle communications. I am not trying to say I am all for them having more spectrum. In fact I think that vehicles and WISPs should be able to add those bands together with the existing UNII bands and anyone make use of all of it but that is not an option currently. The proposal, as I remember it, was for vehicles to be allowed to use this space for low power vehicle communications. Our attorney, Kris Twomey, told us it is of little to no concern to WISPs. I could not find anything regarding this that was terribly important to WISPs. If I am wrong then please tell me how I am wrong and why it is important for WISPs to take a stand of any kind in this proceeding and then we will consider it. I promise I have not made my mind up yet on this and I would be glad to take a stand if one is needed. I welcome others feedback.
Thanks,
Scriv

Rick Smith wrote:

yep, just like paging's "Just above" the 900 mhz unlicensed bands but makes
926 and above useless.   See ... ?