From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:16 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] on call staff

chris cooper wrote:
> How do the rest of you compensate tech staff for on call duties?  We
> have an on call tech that monitors network remotely throughout weekend
> and is responsible for rolling to tower/major customer in case of outage.

Put 'em on salary, that way you can work them as much as you want without
guilt. ;)

I'm not a tower climber, but I'm the one on-call pretty much all the time.
In the event of a big problem, I'll usually triage it (drive to the tower,
see if it's just a power outage or something else I can't easily fix), and
if it's something for which we need the tower guy, I call him (and he gets
normal overtime pay).

David Smith
MVN.net