I would be real happy if they would just overhaul the Erate program-
just enforce the policy they already have in place.  I cant think of a
single program that has greater ability to foster rural broadband
investment than this.

There's nothing here about entreprenurial types being the stars of the
internet spread, it's "the failure of government to make it happen".

"The solution to our broadband crisis must ultimately involve
public-private
initiatives like those that built the railroad, highway and telephone
systems. Combined with an overhaul of our universal service system to
make
sure it is focusing on the needs of broadband, this represents our best
chance at recapturing our leadership position."