From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 5:17 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Wireless Security biting you in the ass?

Wireless broadband security issues have now officially led to my business
being put into a bad light due to perceived lack of security. I am a member
of a regional broadband planning group that is working with health care and
other industry sectors to help deliver broadband options to all areas that
need it. Rural Health centers and hospitals are all over the region and most
need access to broadband which is highly secure. I need to know what others
have done to bring HIPAA compliance assurance to network administrators and
hospital personnel so that your solutions are chosen and used for health
care connectivity. Currently my services are not being considered do to the
perception of a lack of HIPAA security compliance. I need to get on top of
this right now and welcome your thoughts and ideas. I would prefer to hear
from those of you who have some actual knowledge of delivering HIPAA
compliant connections or those who provide equipment which has been
documented to meet HIPAA compliance.
Thank you,
John Scrivner