From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Ireton
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:28 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] What the heck chews up 100mhz of 5.8ghz?!?

Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
> yeppers.  something like that.
>
> Triangulate in on where it's coming from and ask the folks that own
> the
> structure the antenna is on.
>
> It might be cheaper to pay them to change polarities than it is to
> reset
> your plan.

I think the concensus - western multiplex - makes sense. And probbly a
cell carrier. I do totally understand legacy equipment and such, but
dammit I could get a few hundred mbps out of that same chunk and have
channel space left over... but again that's using moden equipment.

I know I probbly have zero chance of sucess, but would anyone think
(provided I can find the operator) that we could work something out -
either like a polarity change as marlon suggested, or just buy them some
more spectrally effecient gear...? I understand they may need to have an
actual T1 electrical interface, but there are a few players that can
actually do this job with much much less spectrum. I know of ceragon and
their fiberair, as well as redline can do this. I've never heard of a
deal like this but it would be helpful. Otherwise I'm going to have to
change plans and that's gonna be a little expensive. Sort of wish I'd
done an SA first but it's in the middle of nowhere and I just assumed
based on past experience it wasn't going to be a problem... WRONG!

Mike-