Again, since we only run PtP gear our signal well exceeds everyone else's.

That's my point. You feel it doesn't matter because your signal is stronger and you initially survive. The "Ostrage" syndrom, if I stick my head in a hole and don't see it, it must not be there. Or the "I care about me" mentality. The point is, it doesn't stay that way. Soon your competitor has a PTP to, but now at an even higher signal above yours. Before you know it, you both are escalating to 4ft dishes and heavy duty mounts, and hit with bills for second trips by installation constractor to install them, and negotiations with property owners to install them, etc.

Again, if you aren't interfering with other, and spectrum is free, my arguement does not apply.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Liotta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] high throughput backhaul options

Tom DeReggi wrote:
Matt,

If you live in a remote area, with no potential interferers, then my comment does not apply. But last I heard you were deploying in the middle of Urban Atlanta and possibly Urban DC, with the potential for many interferers eventually.

We mostly deploy in urban areas, but we do a good bit of rural as well. We don't really run into interference from others; mostly self-interference from putting too many links on a site. Again, since we only run PtP gear our signal well exceeds everyone else's.

-Matt