From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:06 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] high throughput backhaul options

Oh, you are gonna love this!

My "truck" is a '96 green Taurus wagon!  Lots of room with all the seats
folded down.  It's easy to get the ladder on and off of.  Gets almost 20 mpg

even with the ladder on top.  But oil pans are $500 a whack and I've got too

many sites up in the sticks now so I need to get something different.  That
and the 240,000 miles on this one.  LOL, all highway miles, I've only put
ONE set of brakes on it!

I also have an old Dodge Ram 50 pickup.  Pickups don't work well for this
stuff here though.  Too hard to get to the front of the bed, things get
rained on, stuff gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.  A
van is really tall but still has low ground clearance, AND it wastes an
amazing amount of vertical space.

I think my next one will be a Durango or something around that size though.
I need the ground clearance too often.

My WIFE drives the 454cid 3/4 ton suburban!  Nothing like 8000 lbs of metal
to keep my family safe on the roads.  grin  But she usually only drives 5 to

7 miles per day so it's not as bad as you might think.  I still use far more

gas than she does.  But I'll tell you what, when it's time to pull mom and
dad's 28' house boat I've got the rig for it.  And when the weather really
sucks a guy can chain up all 4 corners of the suburban and walk through all
but the worst.  Next I'm gonna see if I can manage to find a snow plow for
it.

BUT, when I drive it I don't use up both lanes!  Heck, it'll even fit (if I
work at it :-) in a standard parking place!

laters,
marlon