If you want radius on the AP, go get Tranzeo 6000 series radios. I only have a couple of them lit, but so far so good.

laters,
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Forbes Mercy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:29 AM
Subject: [WISPA] AP Search

We're still looking for the ideal Access Point. We realize we can't pack much more then 30-40 on these so that's one limitation. We use basically three types: Older Smartbridges 2510 which are great units but unavailable, the New Smartbridges replacements which don’t seem to want to consistently stay up and Engenius AP's.

The reason we like the Smartbridge is because it allows a pass through username/password style of authentication that bypasses the switch so we can have a centralized access granted in our radius server and it interfaces to our billing. We haven't found another like it. On the other hand the Engenius has to have authentication through the switch before radius so the AP is essentially open to relaying from unethical competitors while the smartbridges.

We're pretty sick of the new smartbridges being not only unreliable but takes forever to put in a MAC through it's overly complicated and slow loading internal menus. If you have any others that can work like the old 2510' s with good capacity and pass through radius please let me know.

Thanks,
Forbes Mercy
President - Washington Broadband, Inc.