LOL,

Yeah, I read that Patrick. Guess I'll have to see it to actually understand it fully.

I think of it more like talking in a crowded room. The background noise makes it hard to talk. We can make up for that in several ways.

One, what we usually do today, everyone keeps their voices down (max of 4 watts :-), we cup our hands over our ears (directionalizing our antennas), and when someone beside us is talking, we wait for them to stop before we start.

Well, all it takes is one jerk in the room to start talking a little louder, then everyone around him has to crank up the volume. It keeps going till everyone is talking as loudly as they can. Then we've moved from the dining room to the bar room :-).

Once in the bar room the old tricks just don't work as well as they used to. We can adjust to our little heart's content, but in the end, we just move to the talk when we want to talk model.

I actually watched that with some amusement last week. Had a group of 7 or 8 people around a table in a back room. All drinking beer and eating pizza. The guys were talking about elk hunting and the gals were talking about some inane topic that I didn't pay attention to. grin It was funny. each group was talking clear across the table, each with it's own topics and each just talking over the other. Me, I was stuck in the middle of it and I couldn't track either conversation worth a hoot! I caught a little here and a little there, from both sides.

I'd have happily downgraded to the ability to track at least one conversation correctly :-).

Not picking on the product or the methodology. I'm just tossing some ideas against the wall to see what'll stick. If some of my ideas prove valuable, use them. If not, forget them! grin

Marlon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam