Gents:

Funny watching all of this go back and forth- I think since it started
we have installed another 10-12 VL's for our customers. I really don't
know how you guys find the time to keep up with this.

You all can argue the merits of the technical abilities of the different
products but what really make the count for us is REVENUE- Revenue pays
the bills and keeps the whole ship afloat. Now when I say revenue I
don't mean enough for me to take a check and go to the grocery. I mean
enough revenue to hire the proper staff, (so I don't have to work 80
hours per week), revenue to rent a real office, revenue to pay full
benefits like health care and 401K, revenue to pay for training, revenue
to purchase network management so we can keep an eye on the network,
revenue so we can take a few days off and attend industry trade shows
and seminars, etc etc.

So if you set aside your technical dream solution hat (I am an engineer
by training too) and instead put on your revenue hat you will see things
with a different light.

A solution is not revenue focused if it does not scale your customer
base beyond the grocery store check. Scale means the products allow you
to install LOTS of customer without each one being a science project.
Scale means you have a VERY LOW failure rate. Scale means the solution
fits a majority of your desired customers. Scale means you have all of
the tools needed to prevent your customers from abusing you or your
other customers. Scale means you can hand the product to a contractor
and it will get installed without a major effort. Scaling means..etc
etc...

A solution that scales also comes with REAL support. A real account
manager and a real SE- not to mention marketing. Can you really expect
your network to keep up with/grow to your needs if your sole source of
product information and future direction is a WEB site? When was the
last time a Trango EMPLOYEE asked for your feedback?

We have installed well over 1000 VL's and close to 1900 total customers,
almost all using Alvarion products. We started with Wifi, Trango, MOTO
etc but in the end the Alavarion product line was the most focused on
revenue and the only solution that allowed us to scale. Today our
customers are VERY happy and our network performs excellently. We have a
very LOW turnover (almost none) and our monthly AR is also very low. I
learned long time ago that happy customers pay their bills and unhappy
ones, well you know what happens.

So in summary the VL's and (Alvarion products) may not have every
version of every possible bell and whistle but if you decide to really
make a big play (scale) you can't go wrong with Alvarion and their team.

BTW-I have the revenue to prove it!

Marty
____
Marty Dougherty