Lots of myth around WiMAX unlicensed. I've posted about it many times
and spoke about it many more, but people still continue to believe the
myths. FOLKS, get it through your heads that WiMAX in unlicensed has
lots of challenges until they can solve the problem of the .16 MAC in UL
bands.

I know some of you will say, gee, maybe because Alvarion might not have
UL WIMAX before others, but if you really dig in the data, use your head
and really think you'll get it. Plus, remember that we essentially
INVENTED this stuff folks, us and tiny handful of others. We've been
selling 802.16 PMP in scale since summer 2004. We today have well over
50% of all WiMAX base stations and clients sold into the market. You
have to understand that if UL WiMAX was the holy grail we'd have
introduced it long ago when others were trying to spell WiMAX. Fact is,
it ain't ready because UL WiMAX ain't ready. Anyone that buys it before
the issues are fixed is going to be very sorry.

I don't know how more blunt I can be. (Tom, you listening?)

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628