To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 3:55 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Brad B, I got your answer on the pinout for BreezeACCESS VL

So Brad, I finally have the answer as to why we do not use the standard 568B (or 568A for that matter) pinot. We can't. The VL PoE pushes 55 volts and ½ an amp up the cat 5 cable. If the standard pinout is used the cable range due to cross talk can't make it much past 30 feet. With this pinout we are able to maintain the long distance.

So, you may not like it, but at least I've finally been able to give an actual reason.

Regards,

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.