Interesting. I've never really tested the high end. I installed it for my customers as a tool when they call with speed complaints. My plans range from 128K to 2M and it seems fairly accurate for me (within 10-20K) whenever I have run it. Running on a debian gnu/linux server and apache2.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

David E. Smith wrote:
KyWiFi LLC wrote:
The speed test below is way off for me. It is no where
close to being accurate. Is there a problem with it or is the
server where it's hosted overloaded right now?

I installed a copy of it in my office, and got woefully inaccurate numbers too.

Being just one router and a couple switches away, I should be able to get more than 5Mbps :) I actually tested the same connection with iperf and nuttcp and got about 50Mbps, off by a factor of ten.

(shrug)

David Smith
MVN.net