From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 9:40 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Dual-WAN routers

RickG wrote:

> According to the responses I'm getting is that load sharing wont work.
> So, why do I find so many article sayign it does such as
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=13103 ?

Depends on your definition of load-balancing. Traditionally, that means you
can balance traffic between your connections on a per-packet basis.
Thus, if you have two 1Mbps connections, you can download a single given
file at 2Mbps. (That's probably technically bonding, not load balancing.
The terminology is a bit fuzzy, and sometimes means different things to
different people.)

If your two Internet connections are to two different ISPs, that is
basically impossible. With a sufficiently smart router, you'll be able to
download two different files each at 1Mbps, though, which is often "good
enough."

David Smith
MVN.net