But we can;t forget about "delivery"! Anyone can create a price sheet, but can they deliver?

The day the competors delivers 10 meg for $10 per month, and consistently delviers to the majority of the population, it will be past the time to look into being in another business. But I'm betting on the fact that they won't get there as fast as they advertise, at the quality level customers demand..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Advanced Bandwidth Management

This will get harder as 4Q07 approaches and AT&T rolls out it's $10 DSL and $19.95 Naked DSL - as per merger concessions. There will be a ton of disqualifiers. However, this will effectively put many Residential ISPs in the NFL cities out of business.

I don't understand the race to the bottom.
But I do understand the numbers game.
Cheaper means easier to sign up more subs.

Maybe selling metered internet like the cellular guys do with EVDO would be a smarter model.

Or a bandwidth cap.

Regards,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO, Inc.
(813) 963-5884

Travis Johnson wrote:

OR, we could stop playing the Cable Co. and Telco "games" with their "up to 3meg" and "up to 7meg" connections for $34.95 and just start selling what they get.

We started selling 512k, 1meg, 1.5meg and 2meg connections (up and down, guaranteed speed 24x7) about 3 years ago. It was the best thing we ever did... people get what they pay for, and when they need more, they buy more. No games, no "burstable" speeds, etc.

Make your customers pay for what they need and use.

Travis
Microserv