How many of you operate in farm country? You got any problem with
illegal produce flooding your market? I bet your community might have
something to say about that.

Are you asking if those of us who have the ethics to make the required
investments to operate legally in this country (and in every country we
operate in) want protection from those who are illegal? Why we have some
gall, don't we?

Listen, we sell into literally over 150 countries. We spend massive
amounts each year to be compliant with the regulations of each country.
Compliance often requires specific hardware or software changes, not
merely certification. Do I want respect and protection from those who by
intentionally ignore the rules are able to sell at lower prices? You
darned sure bet I do and I have more than an expectation of such -- I
have a right.

In your world a competitive operator should be able to get space on your
tower for free, or at least erect one without having to go through the
local bureaucratic hurdles. In your world anyone should be able drive
anything on the freeway, and if you get hurt, too damned bad.

Forbes, what you are advocating is called relativism. Relativism is an
insidious problem that grows roots and proliferates if not brought under
control.

Or maybe you only care about rules that when violated damage you? Such
an attitude is dangerous and selfish.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.