George,

Since you changed the subject...

Calling 911 and being put on hold (or hearing the phone ring for 5 minutes) is more the norm, at least here in California. There are only a limited number of operators who answer 911 calls. With cell phones and especially on the freeway, often many people call in to report the same incident leaving many callers on hold until the operators can work their way through the queue.

What's the solution to this situation?

SELF-RELIANCE!!! UUGGG-OOOFF (I exclaimed, beating my fists against my chest like a big male gorilla)

BTW, because there are always at least 3 sides to any story, here's more about Vonage/VoIP/outsourced VoIP services:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/vonage_sbc.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/vonage_verizon.html

http://www.dash911.com/?gclid=CJC26vvc1ooCFQ3ZYAodrA7UdA

jack the gorilla

George Rogato wrote:

Not to change the subject, but

 on that page, I fund this a lot more disturbing..

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/03/vonage_fire.html

wispa wrote:

That at least SOME people agree with me.

http://blogs.globalcrossing.com/regulatory?from=50

The second entry on that page is very interesting.

While this entry is a bit out of date, he makes a very interesting point... That the feds are trying to figure out how to mandate the costs of whatever they want on industry... Very much akin to requiring every home to be built with peepholes, and platforms at our windows, so they look in on us without difficulty. Maybe even requiring remote control drapes? Yeah, yeah, I know, you have to be a political radical to NOT want that built into all our homes... but, he has a point.

Mark Koskenmaki  <> Neofast, Inc
Broadband for the Walla Walla Valley and Blue Mountains
541-969-8200

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Newsletters Downloadable from http://ask-wi.com/newsletters.html