I taught Rick this after he learned the hard way ! ;)

CampWTF for life !

JohnnyO

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 10:43 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Moisture Ingress

Thanks Rick. I will pass this along to our techs so they can start
implementing this. I know they seal the heck out of things and it is
really bizarre to me how any water is getting in there but it is. If
they have questions about your process they may be  contacting you
directly.
Many thanks,
Scriv

Rick Smith wrote:

>Scotch Super 33 tape over the connectors, right close as you can get to
the
>antenna, all the way down the lmr past where the "rubber joint" is -
then
>mastic over that - then 33 again over the mastic.
>
>This is called a courtesy wrap, cause if you ever have to open it back
up,
>you slice down to the tape inside, and it peels right off quickly
without
>fighting the mastic.
>
>Since I started doin this, I've NEVER had a moisture problem.
>
>Also, wrap it when it's dry outside so you don't lock humidity into
it...
>temperature changes will then just wreak havoc on you.

3/16/2007 12:12 PM