not if you squeeze the mastic up over the nut close to the antenna N
connector, and over the ends of the tape near the heat wrap...then it's
sealing off the courtesy wrap inside...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 12:23 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Moisture Ingress

I'm going to have to argue with you guys....

The purpose of the Mastic tape is that it creates a bond that fills the
nooks and cranties of the item that you are waterproofing. So that if the
Super88 leaks, it can't get to the connector.
The two biggest places water gets into the connection is the two ends where
the taping ends, NOT just condensing through the material. If you use Super
88 on the inside layer, you are creating a CONDUIT for moisture to pass
through, IF water enters in through one of the two ends (far edges of
taping). It is VERY difficult to get a complete seal where the tape toughes
the Antenna and the end of the connector, reason being the antenna surface
is perpendicular to the connector you are wrapping.  Doing it the way you
are suggesting is definately easy to remove the tape, but it leaves the
connector vulnerable to a poor seal at the edges, if that occurs.  I'd argue
that doing it that way, is taking away the benefit of why you use Mastic
tape in the first place. Super88 is meant primarilly just for UV resilient.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband