To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] How many of you actually use your own service?

I was customer number 1 on my network. I still use my own connection to my home. One of my ex-employees used to tell me he liked the fact that I "ate my own dogfood". I always thought that was a humorous metaphor.

I think it is good to use your own service so you can see what the service is like for your customer. If it works well then chances are your customers are happy. If it stinks then maybe you need to make changes. Monitoring tools are a good indicator of where you need to work on things but nothing beats using it yourself in my opinion.
Scriv

Blair Davis wrote:

Well, the reason I built my network was to GET an internet connection.......

Ryan Spott wrote:

I always tell my clients that I use my own service and that I will
usually know before they do that things are slow or not working
because my family will call me MUCH faster than any client.

This builds trust with my clients.

Recently I was emailed by another WISP in my area and I noticed the
CEO was NOT using his own service....Strange

So with all this being said, I was wondering... how many of you use your
own service?

ryan