From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Doug Ratcliffe
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:46 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Main Street USA

I've only used in small indoor MTU deployments but I like Meraki, indoor
and
outdoor versions available.  Outdoor Mesh router, auto-failover,
auto-gateway, built in hotspot, like less than $100.  NetEquality.net
has
some nice pics and also custom antenna attachments, and you can see
actual
mesh network maps overlaid on google maps.  There's an online dashboard
included which shows paths, users per AP, logs usage data, even (later)
collect money, although I think I will be using Chillispot for that
myself.
You can plug one into an active internet connection (wireless backhaul,
DSL,
cable), and it automatically becomes a gateway.  You can have one with
no
connection that's a repeater, and you can sell one to customers without
wifi
and it becomes a CPE.  It's all very simple, and as long as you avoid
too
many hops (like 3) you should be fine.