Hi Doug,

On 4/19/07, Doug Ratcliffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm glad to see we've got a Meraki rep out there that can answer questions.
Let me just start by saying, I think these things are awesome.  Love the
dashboard.

Thanks!  We've put a lot of time into making it simple, yet effective.
Happy to hear it helps.

I do have a question - the FCC approvals list modular certified, but what
radio chipset does it use so I can get more powerful FCC approved antennas?

The radio chipset in the Mini is powered by an Atheros SoC (AR2315).
We're certified up to 5dbi, IIRC.

60mW is ok, but I would like to use a 8 or 9dbi rubber duck antenna so I can
get more wall penetration.  Testing with a 5dbi omni yielded decent results,
more solid connections.  I have tons of deployments I'm going to start using
Meraki instead of Mikrotik due to FCC certification issues.

Cool!

In fact, I'm thinking about using Meraki to replace my existing aging
sectorized 2.4ghz 802.11b network.  I would like to see some QOS features
added to Meraki on the dashboard - or just preset to prioritize based on
packet TOS.

I know we don't do QOS right now but we might soon.  If that
prioritization (based on packet TOS) makes sense for a lot of our
customers, we might implement that feature sooner.  If you have a
Dashboard account, you can submit a more specific feature request to
us via our feedback interface.  Otherwise, I'll pass along your QOS
suggestion.

Thanks!
Chase