From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Felix A. Lopez
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:44 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Wimax

Pat, there is a good write up about Alvarion on
www.wimax.com blog by a Mr. Orr.

Felix

--- Patrick Leary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Actually, 802.16d gear has been out there for a
while now in WiMAX Forum certified versions (our
.16d was certified two years ago). The plugfests you
see going today are for 802.16e products, but the
actual 16.e certification waves do not start until
early next year. Our commercially selling .16e
versions have been in the market now for over 1/2 a
year and are selling in 3.5, 2.5 and 2.3 GHz
versions. These are products we will be submitting
for when the certification waves finally begin.
In terms of Alvarion, we are selling both .16d and
.16d WiMAX products in commercial volumes. Our next
quarterly report will be made on August 1 and we
always give deep detail on what and how much is
selling and where. To give you an example of where
we are, from our last SEC quarterly filing in May
2007 here are some statistics:
* More than 150 commercial WiMAX deployments and
another 220 active WiMAX trials
* Shipped BreezeMAX 802.16e platform to over 20
customers * Approximately $33 million in BreezeMAX shipments
for the first quarter

These are "hard" (as in SEC legally-binding) numbers
from the quarterly PR and I include them to
demonstrate that WiMAX shipments are more than just
market hype, at least from our standpoint (we are
shipping more WiMAX than any other company).

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628