W.D.McKinney wrote:
Yes indeed, big cash boys will be the driver in 700MHz side, sure wish it was
designated for the WISP folks directly so that we could see some real
innovation.

If Google wins, the spectrum will be tied up for a long time with little on no
use right away.

Cheers,
-Dee

Alaska Wireless Systems
You mean like all that deployed 2.x GHz spectrum that Sprint, MCI, AT&T and BellSouth purchased WAY back when??? That they are only deploying now because it was a merger condition.

Come on! If the auction is the same as always the Cellco's will buy it and do what they do - sit on it so that no one else can get in the ball game.

They complain that no one builds facilities but then the FCC changes the rules on exclusive rights. Go figure.

This is just another political positioning play.

- Peter
Would you like to see your advertisement here?  Let the WISPA Board know your
feelings about allowing advertisements on the free WISPA lists.  The current
Board is taking this under consideration at this time.  We want to know your
thoughts.