I have a VIA Epia M1000 with a DC-DC 12v power supply.  If I recall
correctly, it drew 17 watts @ 12v with a RB24 card in it.  Although I
haven't done it, there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't run that off
PoE with a "reverse-injector" on the motherboard side to take the
power off the cat5 before it gets to the board.

The newer DC-DC power supplies (
http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-60-WI?sc=8&category=13 ) are probably
much more efficient than the older one I have.

Graham