Dang Marlon - sounds like you need a routed (Dynamic or the real "ugly word"
STATIC) network :-)

I use VLAN tagging and Linksys (SRW208) switches at my towers in small
outdoor (non vented) enclosures. I haven't lost but 1 due to lightning in
the last year, but then I lost everything on the tower. We also use the APC
surge protectors in a small rack mount box (holds 4 ethernet surge
protectors)

http://www.provantage.com/linksys-srw208~7LNKW01T.htm   (switch)

http://www.provantage.com/apc-pnetr5~7AMPN04K.htm   (RJ45 surge module)
http://www.provantage.com/apc-prm4~7AMPQ02L.htm     (Module box)