From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 8:40 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Leasing 2.3 or 2.5 GHz Licensed Spectrum

Jack,

  Most of the 2.5 and 2.3GHz spectrum has been being snatched up by
Sprint
in the last 3 years. They aren't doing anything with it right now that I
am
aware of, but rumor has it that they are in cahoots with Clear Wire. I
have
a contract here between Sprint and the local educational facility that
shows
a onetime payment of $50,000.00 and $250.00 a month. They locked the
spectrum into contract for the remainder of the 30 years. It would have
been
nice if I had been a few months earlier on my quest!

 A man can find open/unused spectrum if he knows how/where to look in
his
area. Drop me a line off list or on the member list and I will be glad
share with you what I have learned lately.

Mac

On
> Behalf Of Jack Unger
> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 7:03 PM
> To: WISPA General List
> Subject: [WISPA] Leasing 2.3 or 2.5 GHz Licensed Spectrum
>
> I have a client with a 900 MHz network that has been deployed more
than
> 5 years. Apparently without doing a wireless site survey, the City has
> deployed two 900 MHz automatic meter reading systems. One uses Itron
> hardware and one use Utillicom hardware. There is now a head-to-head
> battle as the City networks are creating intense interference problems
> for the WISP network. I know all about interference-reduction
> techniques
> as I've been utilizing and teaching these techniques for years but
what
> I don't know about are the possibilities of leasing licensed spectrum
> (2.3 or 2.5) in order to estimate the cost of moving from the 900 MHz
> band to a licensed range. I'd appreciate it if anyone could offer any
> advice or insight into possibly leasing 2.3 or 2.5 GHz frequency
space.
> Is this possible or is it out of the question?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> jack
>
> --
> Jack Unger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
> FCC License # PG-12-25133
> Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
> Author of the WISP Handbook - "Deploying License-Free Wireless WANs"
> True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
> FCC Part 15 Certification for Manufacturers and Service Providers
> Phone (VoIP Over Broadband Wireless) 818-227-4220  www.ask-wi.com

> ---------

> 8/16/2007 1:46 PM

--------

computer viruses(190).

computer viruses(43).

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.