To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 4:05 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Leasing 2.3 or 2.5 GHz Licensed Spectrum

Tom DeReggi wrote:
Several times you have suggested using legal council for finding licenses.
On the surface that sounds odd to me, just because....
Why pay Lawyer rates ($400/hour) to do something that you could pay someone ($15 per hour to research for you.).
I don't know what John had in mind, but I will say that it is fairly common practice for unsolicited purchase/lease requests like this to be handled by outside council, simply to hide the identity of the person interested in the purchase or lease until at least interest is expressed by the existing owner.

That said, in these cases I expect the background research was not done by the lawyer but instead by the $15/hour person, which then would provide details to the law firm as to who to potentially contact about the lease/purchase.

-forrest

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
** FREE Exhibits and Events Pass available til August 31 **
** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

**