I don't know; it seems like you are trying to solve the wrong set of problems. Why not just build a business model based on paying T1 pricing? This will allow you to get your business rolling now without routing worries like you currently have. Further, you can bond more T1s as your needs grow. When you get sufficient size you can justify going a different direction and possibly even save money. Again, if you have a business model based on T1 pricing then cheaper bandwidth down the road will only help.

-Matt

Mike Hammett wrote:
No, $150 total for 1 meg, I burst to 5 or 6 megs often.

I can get a single T1 with a 3 year commit for $517... several times more than the $150 now I pay for 1 meg bursting to 5 or 6. 2xT1 is $1011, 3xT1 is $1490, 4xT1 is $1860.

One of the things on my plate is getting fiber built into the tandem CO in town where a dozen carriers exist. Last quote I got from an alternate provider was (IP only) $360 for 3 years for 3 megs burstable to 9 megs. Now that requires me to become a CLEC and build fiber into the CO, but the costs for that provide a whole lot more opportunity and are much better long term than those outrageous T1 fees ($1330 per month at a 6 meg commit goes a long way to paying back the investment in the project).

110 South First St.
815-909

-----
Mike Hammett