Pat - Excellent video and example of WiMax 802.16 (e)
Wow.  I am just waiting for a whole bunch of WiMax
enabled products.  Pat =Tell us more about the next
"PlugFest". Any nifty dual mode products coming out?

Felix Lopez
Utilites and Wireless Practioneer
Calif.
--- Patrick Leary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> DBC uses 2.5 GHz. They did not exist as an operator
> one year ago. They
> are a start-up that raised money. Nothing prevents
> WISPs from doing this
> sort of thing too Travis and I know a few WISPs who
> are in fact doing
> this very thing.
>
> Travis, anyone can provide tons of reasons why
> something can't be done,
> but someone always comes along who says "I can" and
> they do. It is that
> group of people who dare who become the next set of
> millionaires.
>
> As for the model, the DBC guys are pros who have
> been around the block.
> They deployed several thousand unlicensed CPEs a few
> years back in
> another company. It is not like they are just
> winging it. And in any
> event, chances are a guy like this gets bought out a
> few years from now
> for a good-sized multiple of the original
> investment.
>
> Also, WISPs need to understand that the financial
> world considers
> licensed band leases as assets, not expenses. Why do
> you think a company
> like Clearwire that is losing money hand over fist
> has a $3.5B
> valuation? It is because of the value of their
> licensed holdings
> primarily.
>

> Patrick Leary
> AVP, Market Development
> Alvarion, Inc.
> o: 650.314.2628
> c: 760.580.0080
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Visit Alvarion at WiMAX World
> Chicago, September 25-27
> Booth #409

=== message truncated ===

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658

**